Small Updates

Small Update
The fact is that the time I'm spending on MineCraft is not worth the returns.
I have to remake the Ambrosia map. Overhaul to update devices and ideas.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Redstone Button Toggle

I was trying to design a toggle button for the bridge at the Ground Port however, I got frustrated and went with a simpler design.


Even though I don't really need it anymore, I built it anyway. It's compact and very simple to make.

 This is in its off state.
 This is in its on state. It's all controlled by one button! It's the "switch" button!
 This is an "RS NOR latch", it acts as an memory cell recording the two possible states it could be. This is a picture when it's at its on state.
 When the button is pressed, the current travels to an "RS NOR latch" and a Duel lock. The duel lock makes it so both redstone torches most be off for the third torch to power on. This acts as a reset for the RS NOR and will turn the output off when I hit the button again as shown in the screenshot.
 When the button is first pressed to turn the output on, the redstone repeaters prevent the current from reaching the Duel lock too soon. If the delay was not there, the current would travel to the Duel lock at the same time the button is still sending it's current. Basically, it would reset itself, not by me pressing the button again.


To give you an update, I've been building houses on Erie's islands. However, it gets boring. Mostly because of the lack of designs I can think of. I'll start finishing the railway for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment