Small Updates

Small Update
The fact is that the time I'm spending on MineCraft is not worth the returns.
I have to remake the Ambrosia map. Overhaul to update devices and ideas.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Redstone RAM, Simple Explanation

I'm sure all of you watched a video on Youtube where a person in Minecraft builds this massive redstone computer thing. I've always wondered how they worked. Perhaps I could do something like that in my Ambrosia map.


I believe I had figured it out. It's actually quite simple.

 This is a picture of a prototype cell. The piston t-flip flop is functioning as a memory cell and the "And" gate is controlling the input. I have this set up in a way where if I toggle the flip flop and push the button, the torch would turn off.
 Here I have a two bit RAM. Two cells working in unison because they are attached to only one button. Two inputs to toggle the flip flop.
 Here's what happens if I toggle both cells and hit the button.
Here's what happens if I toggle one and not the other.
Not really sure of what to use this for. All I can think of now is a pass-code door. If you hit the right buttons and push enter, the door would open. That seems too simple though.

No comments:

Post a Comment